Merseyside is almost unparalleled in terms of its history of shipping and seafarers. It is flourishing once more with the expansion of the Port of Liverpool and at an exciting time we are seeking to recruit a Port Chaplain to replace the present incumbent who is retiring in March 2020.
Reaching out to seafarers from all nations that sail into the Port of Liverpool, the role is a Mission field right on our doorstep.
- You will be responsible for the advancement of the Christian Faith amongst seafarers and to provide practical and pastoral care for their well-being.
- You will visit ships on a day to day basis and meet ship’s crew in their working environment.
- You will encourage Christian Seafarers in their faith and will provide hospitality and welfare to seafarers as far as the Mission is able.
- Promote the work of the Mission to Churches and Christian Groups.
- Help raise finance to support the Mission and also carry out some administrative tasks.
We are seeking someone who:
- Is an experienced mature Evangelical Christian and able to communicate confidently and effectively.
- Possesses the gifting of an evangelist /pastoral carer and is hospitable in their character.
- Can work either by themselves or with others and is flexible as to their time – this is not a 9-5 position.
- Can work alongside other Missions.
- Is fit, active and has a clean driving licence.
Negotiable Salary plus benefits package. This is a permanent post
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the post holder to be a practising Evangelical Christian who will demonstrate a commitment to the values of the mission
Closing date for Application forms is 16/9/2019. Shortlisting and interviews will take place in October.